Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Jammies/Loungesuit

I am the type of person who only gets dressed if I have to leave the house. So on work days I get dressed but otherwise I usually don't. I pretty much lived in my Juicy track suit for the past 3 years and its had the biscuit! And Juicy Couture is no longer!! The horror! So I thought I would make myself a new lounge suit/pyjama.


I combined the things I liked in lazy clothes with the things I liked about pyjamas. I usually sleep in short nighties, but when I get up I put on leggings. So I wanted something that covered my legs, and that was comfy with nothing like a hood that would be annoying to sleep in.


This was such an easy project, it sewed up in a couple of hours. Its just made from cheapy jersey, but I thought the slinkiness of the fabric would be really comfy. I drafted the pattern from a basic pant pattern I already knew fit, I just added a ton of fullness through the centre of the pants, then I extended the waist edge to make a fold over waistband with a wide 1.5" elastic, and I cropped them to flood length. For the t-shirt I just used a basic t-shirt block i knew fit as well and cropped it short.


I really love them so far! I want to make them in white linen for the summer! I'd just have to change up the t-shirt pattern a bit to accommodate a woven fabric.


.  .  .

I am currently working on a really time consuming project. I have finally jumped on the Alabama Chanin train! I am completely obsessed! My employer got me her book and some fabric to make a project for Christmas, a hugely generous gift! I was so surprised, and spoiled! So far I've made up a muslin of the dress I want to make. And now I've started cutting out a stencil from felt. It is taking forever but turning out really well thankfully! I just got an airbrush and will be trying to figure that out as well. I got a XXL cotton t-shirt from a thrift store and I thought I might try the stencil on that first, and if it works out I will make the corset pattern out of it. Can't wait to share that project with you guys but it won't be for a very long time still! I might sneak in some process shots here and there because I'm so excited about it. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you had a nice weekend!

2 comments:

  1. hi malia, i'd love to have pj pants like that! the waistband looks lovely. christiane - a new reader :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so excited to have a new reader! :D

      Delete